The Office of Communications maintains an electronic database of more than 11,000 current (1985-present) HLS images. This collection of professional-quality images includes photos of the faculty, student life, HLS buildings, and events. We also assist members off the HLS community and the media needing new photography and provide guidelines for recording audio and video on the HLS campus.
For HLS Students, Faculty and Staff
- The majority of the HLS photo collection is available to the HLS community free of charge for use in print or web publications. Please submit our project intake form.
- Freelance Photographers: The Communications Office maintains a list of freelance photographers. We are available to help you find the right photographer for your needs at HLS, elsewhere in the U.S. or abroad. Please note that it is crucial to consider hiring a photographer for your print or web project early in the event or project planning process. The best photographers are hard to get at the last minute. Please submit our project intake form.
- Recording Audio and Video for the Web: If you are planning to record audio or video for use on a web page, please review the guidelines on our Video and Audio for the Web page.
For the Media and External Audiences
- HLS Photo Collection: Please submit our Photography Request form or e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org; include your deadline, the type(s) of images you need, and information about where the images will be used.
- Taking Photographs and Recording Audio/Video on Campus: Non-Harvard Law School affiliates must request permission before taking photos or recording audio or video on campus. Please see our Information for Journalists page for more information.