The Office of Communications provides a range of services for journalists; we try to accommodate these requests as much as possible.
To learn more about Harvard Law School’s faculty experts, visit the faculty page. The Office of Communications fields requests from the media for interviews with members of the Harvard Law School faculty. To request an interview with one of Harvard Law School’s faculty experts, please contact the HLS Public Information Officer.
Official Comment or General Inquiries
To seek official comment from the Law School, or for other general inquiries, please ed-mail the HLS Public Information Officer.
To request professional-quality photos depicting current Harvard Law School faculty, student life, or campus buildings, from our extensive collection, please email your request to email@example.com; include your deadline, the type(s) of images you need, and information about where the images will be used.
Permission to Photograph or Record Audio/Video on Campus
Non-Harvard Law School affiliates must receive permission from the HLS Office of Communications before taking photos or recording audio/video on campus. This allows us to alert all applicable personnel, including Campus Police and Media Services, which will help ensure a smooth experience for all involved.
To request permission, journalists and other non-Harvard Law School affiliates who wish to take photos or recordings on campus should submit the Harvard Law School Campus Photography/Recording Permission Request at least 24 hours before arriving on campus.
Please note these restrictions for photography/recording on the HLS campus:
- Students may not be photographed or filmed for any reason without express permission from the HLS Communications Office.
- For audio/video recording, we require signatures on Recording License Agreements (below) from each student, staff member and faculty member being filmed or recorded.
- The inside of buildings may not be photographed or filmed without express permission from the HLS Communications Office. Filming the exterior of buildings is permissible, as long as there is no disruption to the campus and no students are filmed without permission. Photographers and film crews should always notify the Office of Communications in advance by submitting the Harvard Law School Campus Photography/Recording Permission Request.
- The HLS Communications Office reserves the right to review photographs or recorded material prior to its publication and we reserve the right to use the media for our own promotional purposes on our web site or via other channels.
- All photography and recordings should be completed in a timely and unobtrusive manner, without disruption to the academic environment.
Recording License Agreements
Please ensure that anyone who will appear on the video or audio recording submits the following form prior to the event. Signed PDF versions of this form should be returned to the HLS Office of Communications.